Did you know July 17, 2019 is National Hot Dog day?
It’s an all-American hot dog celebration that started back in 1991. Created by the National Hot dog and Sausage Council.
They claim hot dogs in a roll was created in Germany in the late 1880s, later was sold in America during baseball games around 1890s. Till this day it is sold at baseball games around America.
- Hot dog eating competitions have been hosted by Nathan’s, since 1916.
- 2019, Joey Chestnut became Champion of Nathan’s hot dog eating competition again after eating 35 hot dogs.
- There are about 40 ways to eat a hot dog.
- Joey Chestnut also holds the record for most eaten hot dogs at 72 and in only 10 minutes.
- Los Angeles consumes the most hot dogs in the world.
- The longest hot dog ever made stands at 669 ft.
Deals only at participating locations.
- SONIC has $1 All American hot dog and $1 chili Cheese Coney. (app required)
- Dog Haus has buy one get one free. (app required)
- 7-11 has all-beef Quarter Pound Big Bite hot dogs for just $1.
- At Wienerschnitzel you can enjoy 5 chili dogs for $5.
- Philly Pretzel Factory has $1 pretzel dogs and $1 Big Cheesy Jalapeno pretzel dog.
Happy National Hot Dog Day America!-Love – Hate experience